- Gently sand your wood.
- If using paper, position your woodcraft onto the paper with the paper and project both facing down. Trace an outline of your craft onto the paper.
- Paint or stain your wood, apply an even coat, and watch out for any drips.
- While your paint dries, cut out your paper. Cut slightly inside of the lines so that there isn’t extra paper hanging over the edges of your craft.
- Make sure your paint is dry before continuing!
- Brush a thin layer of Mod Podge onto the surface of the wood where your paper will be. Spread evenly and work quickly- it dries fast!
- Apply your cut out paper onto the Mod Podge surface, smoothing out any air bubbles as you go.
- Let your Mod Podge dry before continuing!
- Apply another thin layer of Mod Podge on top of your paper to seal and protect it.
- Once again, let your Mod Podge dry before continuing!
- Use wood glue to attach any additional wood pieces to your craft base (arms, legs, details, etc.)
- Apply any sprinkles/jewels, wire, or ribbon after the glue has dried.
Happy Crafting! -xo